Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pattern

Man-Made

This photo works because of the repetition of the windows & the blinds behind the windows. While I was taking the photo Adrian stuck his hand through the blinds, so it breaks both patterns.

With this photo, the repetition of the rectangle, and the lines that separate the rectangle create a pattern. I took this photo from above, showing the shape and clarity of the pattern.

Natural

In this photo, the color and repetition of the palm tree prawns create pattern. The diagonal lines create a sense of stability and intensity.

The repetition and the shades of brown create the pattern. The green parts sprouting from underneath the leaves break the pattern. I took the image by getting up close and filling the frame, revealing the pattern of the leaves.

Improve

For this image, my goal was to make the red and white lines stand out. The words in blue and yellow seem to take away from the red and white lines. To improve this photo, I would probably take different shots from different angles to see if it would make a difference where the red and white lines are the focus of the photo.

Well

The skill that I'm doing well in is having more of an open mind and looking at things differently. This is a photo of white paint (I think) splattered on the floor. Usually I don't think I would look at this as a pattern, but more ass a mess on the concrete.

For our next project, my goal is to keep an open and creative mind. I plan to keep taking photos of things people won't usually pay attention to.



No comments:

Post a Comment